Monday, November 21, 2011

Kimmel 2007 Merlot (California)

Unlike Miles in Sideways I really like Merlot even though I have had Merlots I am not crazy about, Kimmel Merlot really got my attention! This wine is amazing and gave me a new found LOVE for Merlot.


When I first opened the bottle I could smell the rich berries and Lush aroma of cassis coming forth. On the pour this wine is dark and alluring and pulls you in with intoxicating scents of black cherry and exotic spice. On the Palate this wine fills your mouth with a texture like silk and flavors of ripe plum, chocolate, anise and toasted vanilla. This is indeed the best Merlot I have tasted in years, I am almost afraid to try any other as I fear it will not measure up to this Merlot.


Kimmel Merlot was rated 94 points and is A Gold Medalist from the San Francisco International Wine Competition.



Kimmel Vineyard is located in Mendocino County in Potter Valley, approx 1100 acres of Vineyards. You can visit them on line at
or on Face Book at

No comments:

Post a Comment