Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Culprit 2009 Red Wine (California)

This wine is a marriage of 9 different grape varieties Barbera, Cabernet Franc, Grenache, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Syrah and Zinfandel, whew..now that is a wide variety! From Sonoma County in California.

I purchased this wine on a whim and with a slight suggestion of another wine connoisseur. I paid $19.99 a bottle, not bad for this wine and I really like the little Gargoyle on the bottle.

This wine is big, bold and intense, just what I like in my red wines, especially a red blend. On the pour this wine is deep purple with aromas of blackberry, spice and earth. On the palate it is Full and plush in the mouth with round tannins. Flavors of raspberry, chocolate and a touch of pepper and spice. A great wine to drink by itself or a good pairing for pizza, burgers, roast. Not a wine for the shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment