Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cline Ancient Vine Zinfandel 2010 (California)

This is another one of those wines I want more of. As you may or may not know I am a fan of the Ancient Vine, perhaps because the vines are older than most humans alive today, better yet the flavor is usually amazing, bigger, bolder and more spice, at least in my opinion. Old vines produce less clusters and smaller grapes, but with better concentrated flavor.

I love a good Zin for its big flavors. I want it to punch me in the mouth, leaving me with a mouth full of brambles and this wine did it! Simply delicious through the last glass. 

In the glass this wine pours dark rich red with faintly lighter edges. On the nose fat strawberry, dark chocolate and a hint of coffee.
On the palate explosive fruit and spice, a bunch of pepper and the most delightful aftertaste of french vanilla. Just like I like in a Zinfandel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment