Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2009 Kimmel Chardonnay (California)

I have long been a fan of California wines and when I opened this 2009 Kimmel Chardonnay I remember why. This wine is exquisite, everything about it was amazing. From the color to the nose to the ever so velvety texture of the Palate. This is a wine I will remember and want more of.


On the pour this wine is a light sunlight yellow and on the nose aromas of white peach, green apple and a bit of orange zest fill your glass. I found myself smelling this wine over and over trying to figure out all the sensual aromas. Finally I tasted it and the terroir of California filled my palate. Subtle buttery notes kiss your tongue as you inhale and taste at the same time. Juicy tropical fruits, white peach, melon and a kiss of oak, just enough and not over done so you enjoy the juice of the grape. Well rounded wine with a luscious lingering velvety finish.




Kimmel Vineyard is located in Mendocino County in Potter Valley, approx 1100 acres of Vineyards. They primarily focus on two varietals Chardonnay and Merlot, however in reading their website they have plans for a Cabernet Sauvignon with a release date of 2013. I can't wait! You can visit them on line at
or on Face Book at

No comments:

Post a Comment