Thursday, August 4, 2011

Acrobat Pinot Gris 2009 Oregon

Acrobat Pinot Gris is an extremely approachable wine and a versatile food companion. I have to admit when I first purchased a bottle I was unsure, perhaps even apprehensive at it's quality, however I discovered while moderate in price it's a great quality wine!
The color is a pale straw with golden highlights. On the nose there is melon, green apple, citrus, spice and tropical fruit with a clean citrus scent. On the palate there is tangerine, lemon, kiwi and pear. Nice beginner wine in my opinion. I served this wine with grilled chicken and summer vegetables. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased another bottle. 


1 comment:

  1. Pinot Gris is a wine that many never even try. I love the layers in these wines even at a begining price point.

    ReplyDelete