Sunday, August 14, 2011

Red Rock Winery Winemaker's Blend 2009 (California)

I purchased this wine at a Liquor outside of town that has a pretty decent wine selection. I guess the name grabbed me, perhaps the picture as it looks like an Inukshuk (a stone monument erected in the image of humans. One of their purposes was to serve as direction markers in the harsh and desolate Arctic. They were a tool of survival.) Anyway the wine spoke to me as often times happens and I purchased it. I had it about a month before I opened it.

Winemaker's Blend is a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah

The color..dark, lush garnet red, beautiful in the glass and more so on the nose. It exudes rich dark fruit aromas that make you want to keep sniffing it, in fact you probably will while trying to pick out all the characteristics.
First sip, dark berries and black cherry...matching the color so to speak.
A bit of brown spice, perhaps some vanilla to finish it off. It's even better the 2nd day after it has time to soften a bit. Good fruit and nice balance.
I would purchase it again!



Of course having never head of Red Rock Winery before I had to do my research. There is not allot of information but here is the website. http://www.redrockwinery.com/index.html 
Right now they are only producing reds which consist of Merlot, Malbec, Pinot Noir and Winemakers blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment