Thursday, August 4, 2011

Twisted Old Vine Zin 2009 California

Wow! What can I say? I have always enjoyed Old Vine Zins since my very first one several years ago. I think it was Bogle, but that is another post. I purchased Twisted Old Vine Zin at a little cheese shop North of town, pleased they actually had wine tastings I had to try what they had opened and wahla, Twisted was on the list! My first tasting was so so. Being an Old Vine Zin and never really tasting one I disliked I decided to purchase a bottle. I think I paid $12.99, not bad. I brought it home and added it to my growing collection.


One evening I opened the bottle and I was amazed, better than the tasting! On the nose are hints of spice, leather and a touch of sweet cigar. On the palate there is black raspberry, plum. dark cherry a bit of vanilla and spice. Nice wine with BBQ, short ribs or pizza.



The Twisted Zinfandel was featured on NBC's Today Show in a segment about budget friendly wines that won't break your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment