Monday, April 9, 2012

Saint M Riesling 2010 (Germany)

I have really been into Rieslings lately, I guess because the weather is warmer and Rieslings are usually a very refreshing wine. Reminds me of the quote in sideways " You like Rieslings? Rieslings?" Great movie!

This wine is produced by Chateau Ste. Michelle in partnership with famed German winemaker Dr. Ernst Loosen. With his modern world view and his traditional approach to wine making, Loosen’s Saint M unmistakably says Riesling, Germany and Dr. Loosen. This wine is 11% alcohol and cost was around $13 per bottle.

lemon chiffon yellow on the pour with aromas of citrus and plumeria. Nice acidity on the palate. medium dry and well rounded with citrus and mineral notes, hints of peach and only slightly sweet, just what I look for in a Riesling!

I served this wine with Ham and the pairing was quite nice. Of course I would purchase another bottle!





No comments:

Post a Comment