Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Columbia Crest Two Vines Riesling 2010 (California)

Aww another Riesling, I have really been on a Riesling kick lately as you may have noticed if you follow my blog.

Two Vines, bright yellow in the glass opens with aromas of guava, melon and honeysuckle with a slight hint of citrus, perhaps Mandarin orange. Intense flavors of apricot, orange zest and sweet apple with a lively acid structure, well balanced with a sweet finish.

This Riesling was a bit sweet for me, I prefer a more dry, slightly tarter Riesling but for $12 a bottle it is not a bad purchase. Would I purchase again? Probably not unless one of my sweet wine loving friends was over for dinner or just wine. I always try to keep a bottle of sweet wine around just in case.





1 comment:

  1. Karena, I'd love to hear from you if you get the time. nowandzin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete