Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kimmel Four Blocks Chardonnay 2010 (California)

If you follow my Blog it is no secret how I love Kimmel wines but this is a new one and a bit less expensive than the Kimmel Chardonnay. Kudos to the Kimmel family for making great wines that everyone can enjoy!

Pale yellow in color and it has what I call that Kimmel aroma, I am pretty sure I could pick their wines in a blind aroma/taste test. Perhaps it is the terroir, perhaps it their wonderful consistency of great wines but whatever it is I know I will not be disappointed! Scents of honeysuckle and just ripe apricot, melon and the slightest hint of pineapple. On the Palate Four Blocks is smooth, crisp and has a slight touch of buttery citrus, round and supple with flavors of honeysuckle and fresh cut melon. It reminded me of playing outside as a child at grandmas house on a warm afternoon gathering honeysuckle flowers for that one drop of honey.

Hopefully Kimmel wines are coming to your state soon, if not you can order online at http://kimmelvineyards.com/index.php


No comments:

Post a Comment