Friday, April 13, 2012

Purple Cowboy Tenacious Red Blend 2010 (California)

If the name turns you off the wine wont, if you enjoy an easy to drink red blend. This wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah and hales from Paso Robels California, I am sure you have heard of it!

I'll admit to occasionally being pulled in by a clever label. This one is a cross between a playing card and a general Old West look. I rather liked the name Tenacious Red which makes me think of a desirable luscious wine with a bit of an edge and some grit, sounds interesting eh?

Light purple in the glass. Heavy profile of plum and blackberry. This is a jammy fruit bomb, with low tannins and just a touch of sweetness. I haven't had one of these in a while, and even though it's not my favorite profile of a red blend it was a fun bottle of juice for the evening and worth a try.



For more information on this winery go to http://www.purplecowboy.com/home.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment