Thursday, April 5, 2012

FoxGlove Chardonnay 2009 (California)

With Summer approaching I went shopping for a few more white wines and FoxGlove Chardonnay was one on my list. I have read many reviews about this wine and decided to try it myself. The wine is aged in stainless steel and does not go thru malolactic fermentation. Malolactic fermentation is where the naturally occurring malic acid (which is tart tasting) is converted into lactic acid (which gives a softer, buttery flavor). Robert Parker gave the Foxglove Chardonnay 90 points, but as I always say we all taste wine differently so his opinion is just an opinion!

The color is pineapple juice yellow and the nose is rich and vibrant with aromas of lemon, tangerine, key lime and peach. It reminded me of a warm summer evening when the breeze blows around all the scents of summer.

There is a nice combination of tart and fresh fruit flavors, juicy peach with lime, melon and grapefruit. The mid-palate adds some minerality and a balanced acidity along with green apple and pineapple. The Foxglove Chardonnay has one of those finishes that just won’t quit.


No comments:

Post a Comment