Monday, December 26, 2011

Mark West 2010 Pinot Noir (California)

After trying the Mart West Chardonnay I thought I might as well try the Pinot Noir so I picked up a bottle for Christmas Eve, at $13 per bottle.

On the pour this wine was light bright red, I actually was taken back a bit as I expected a dark more rich color from a Pinot Noir, that is what I get for anticipating! On the nose, this Pinot is heavily perfumed exuding strong floral aromas that seem to overpower hints of black cherry or blackberry and even the smoky oak found in many Pinot Noirs. That is not a bad thing and actually it was quite a nice aroma. On the palate there is a lot of juice, ripe berry, maybe even some jamminess. The juice fades to a bit of tartness with medium acidity and mild tannins. There is allot of fruit on the finish some might find disappointing after such a forceful impression, however it was fairly nice if you want an easy drinking un-complicated Pinot Noir.


No comments:

Post a Comment