Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Incognito Red Blend 2008 (California)

I had this wine at a Holiday Party, not too bad! It is a blend of 21% Syrah, 18% Carigan, 18% Cinsault, 13% Tannat, 11% Souzon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6% Mourvedre, 3% Petite Sirah......whew long list of reds and yes they mingle well. At around $15 to $20 per bottle depending on where you purchase it I think it is a great holiday wine and should satisfy the taste of any red wine drinker and will pair well with an array of foods.

On the pour this wine is a deep red, great indication this wine is a blend at least in my experience. On the nose it tends to open the more you swirl and as it warms, it has the spice as any Syrah and Petite Sirah, a bit of smoke and dried cranberry. On the palate this wine exhibits many layers from jammy fruit to spice and a bit of smoky clove. The finish is smooth and the tannins are soft. While I like a wine that is a bit more complex and makes you think all in all this wine was not to bad for an easy drinking red. You can't have a slap you in the face magnificent wine everyday!




Meet my good friends Rita and Ken, notice Rita has a glass of wine, Incognito Red Blend to be exact, and a cup of coffee, she made me laugh! Perhaps she will comment on this post and give us her opinion of the wine as well. It was a great party with friends and a bit of John Denver to sooth the soul.


Michael David winery located in Lodi California make several wines you might be familiar with such as 7 Deadly Zins, 6th Sense Syrah, Earthquake, 7 Heavenly Chards and many more. Check them out online at http://www.michaeldavidwinery.com/









1 comment:

  1. Good morning to all! This is Rita...yes the one that drinks her wine with coffee..or is that drinks her coffee with wine? LOL What can I say...I love them both! Karena who is my wine guru...is trying to educate me...trying to guide me down this winding viney path...*grin* What I can say about the Incognito Red blend is that it was really DARN good! Goes well with a cup of joe and good friends! Let us hope that my nose and palate gets much better with more age. I am thinking that I need a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins and a bit of John Denver and some Adele for Christmas. Sounds yummy! Thank you Karena!!!

    ReplyDelete