Monday, December 5, 2011

Kimmel Merlot 2008 (California)

I opened this bottle with all the anticipation I had for the 2007 Kimmel Merlot and I was again amazed. Like a fine wine one would find stored in a old wine cellar awaiting it's debut. To describe this wine in one word, Stimulating.


Liquid ruby in a glass, all my senses came alive as I swirled and sniffed this gorgeous wine. The aromas were immense, leather, cedar and the faintest smell of a fine cigar. On the palate, many layers and depth with flavors of baked bing cherries, black current, fresh pepper, vanilla and raspberry. Soft tannins, good structure and well balanced. This is a big one and will age well for years to come. Out of all the Merlots I have tried and there have been many Kimmel does it best!





Kimmel Vineyard is located in Mendocino County in Potter Valley, approx 1100 acres of Vineyards. You can visit them on line at
or on Face Book at




  

No comments:

Post a Comment