Monday, December 5, 2011

Cline Mourvedre 2010 (California)

I purchased this wine as I enjoy many of the Cline wines and I really wanted to try their Mourvedre. The pairing was not half bad either, nachos. I was working late and wanted to make a quick dinner but I wanted a nice wine and they seemed to work together quite well.

On the pour this wine was dark red. The aroma was very nice, black raspberry and plum. Continuing to swirl my glass there were some herbal notes and hints of cocoa. On the Palate this wine has great ripe and juicy fruits. Cherry, raspberry and plum but as it warms and opens the cherry really come forth and has definite plum. There is a hint of spice and chocolate in the middle and on the finish, followed by a slight bit of smokey oak.


No comments:

Post a Comment