Friday, February 17, 2012

Beaulieu Vineyard Carneros Pinot Noir 2006 (California)

Good solid, under $20 Pinot Noir. True to varietal color, bright light red. Vibrant nose of strawberry,sour cherry, rose petals, earth, and smoke.
On the palate, pretty full bodied for a Pinot; nice texture to this with a cherry pie like flavor, subtle cocoa notes. Finish was on the short side. A touch hot on the end. 

Serve this full-flavored Pinot Noir with wild mushroom pasta, roast duck or chicken, rich fish, try salmon with spiced red wine sauce.


2 comments:

  1. I went to BV winery while wine tasting in Napa Valley, mainly because it is my husband's favorite cab. I personally think all BV varietals are a little on the bold side and not as smooth as I prefer. This is only IMO and my husband will say differently. We did pick up a case of Carneros at Robert Mondavi that we both agreed on.

    ReplyDelete