Monday, January 9, 2012

Decoy 2009 Zinfandel (California)

I am a lover of California wines, no doubt about it! California is one of the most diverse wine regions in the world, with almost 100 grape varieties grown in over 100 viticulture areas, including dozens of ­different micro climates and soil types, as well as a very individualistic set of ­winemakers, many with international experience, which adds to and deepens that diversity.

I love Zinfandel, old vine, ancient vine and young vine Zins. I have tried other Decoy wines and really enjoyed them and I really enjoyed this Zinfandel.

On the pour this wine was a bright ruby red. On the nose there was immense fruit expression and spice, I just kept sniffing it trying to decipher all the aromas coming from my glass. The palate was full of ripe berries, raspberry, cranberry and vanilla with hints of cocoa, spice and white pepper. Full body, well balanced delightful Zinfandel that I would purchase again. At $20 per bottle, it is well worth it!

If you ever wondered what wine could be served with BBQ, the answer is Zinfandel.  



      Decoy Wines are produced by Duckhorn Vineyards in Sonoma County California.



No comments:

Post a Comment