Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ercavio Blanco 2009 (Spain)

Being a fan of Spanish wines and having had the Ercavio Tempranillo I had to try this wine and it's a nice litte white wine for the money, normally $10 a bottle I picked this up at a huge once a year wine sale for $5, you can't beat that and I wish I had another bottle!


On the pour this wine is light yellow, looks crisp and clean. The nose brims of pears, a little floral, and some green apple. The palate is crisp and light , with granny smith apples and pears along with some nice mineral notes. Slight tropical note as well. I would refer to this one as sauv blanc light, good with salads, light fish and seafood, or as a patio wine all by itself. It's a easy drinking wine and before you know it the bottle is empty! Needs to be drunk young.




100% Airen grape, this grape is native to Spain and often used as a blending grape

No comments:

Post a Comment