Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cline Zinfandel 2010 (California)

I have yet to try a Cline wine that I did not like, needless to say this wine was no exception and I really enjoyed it. Cline 2010 Zinfandel. I am a huge fan of Zinfandel wines and this wine was well worth the $15 of so I paid for it. Cline Cellars is actually pretty well known for their zinfandel.  It’s their specialty, along with Rhone varietals, and they produce seven different zinfandels, that I know of, maybe more.

The grapes in this wine come from Lodi 46%, Contra Costa County AVA in Oakley 43% and the rest comes from Sonoma and other regions.  The wine was aged for eight months in 30% medium-toast new French oak.

Dark amethyst red in the glass, the color will tell you alot about a Zinfandel, at least from my experience. I like a wine to speak to me color wise and of course taste and this Zinfandel did. The first thing to stand out on the nose of this wine is the cherry aroma, big and intense. The nose also shows some vanilla, spice and cola aromas. The palate had great spice, cherry and plum flavors.  The tannins are sufficient, as is the acidity. It finishes relatively long, with a nice, spicy sour cherry flavor. I will remember this wine as I do many that I enjoy as much!





No comments:

Post a Comment