Thursday, September 1, 2011

Leone de Castris Verdeca Bianco Messapia 2009 (Italy)

100% Verdeca

This was my 2nd bottle of this wine. The first bottle I had, well I was not real impressed, maybe my palate was off and that does happen but this bottle was great! I served it with Mango Chicken and Mediterranean couscous, the pairing was phenomenal.

Color is light straw with green highlights. One the nose allot of citrus and white peach, lots of white peach, delicate and floral. On the palate this wine was crisp, clean and very refereshing with a hint of lime on the finish. This is a great wine for anyone I think, even those friends who are wine beginners.


Verdeca is an ancient Greek varietal that produces wines that are crisp, refreshing and floral. This wine is fermented and aged in stainless steel to retain the fresh character of the grape.

1 comment:

  1. Stunner of a white wine for the money. I think it would be a good white for the holidays also. This is a must try if you want a white wine without oak.

    ReplyDelete